Current & Upcoming Events
- Central Manitoulin Christmas Celebration - Saturday December 3rd, 2022 - Retail Sales, Christmas Market, Meet Santa, Parade, Tree Lighting, Toy Drive & More. Most events in Mindemoya, ON. Visit www.centralmanitoulin.ca/Christmas
- The Island Singers will be in Mindemoya Sunday December 4th, 2022 at 3 pm at the Freshwater Community Church.
- The Providence Bay Curling Club Pancake Breakfast Saturday December 3rd 8 am to 11 am. Fundraiser for the Manitoulin Secondary School Curling Teams. Tere will also be a Cash Spiel with a casino night December 2nd to 4th 2022. Register your team by contacting David McDermid at 705-377-4668 or emailing email@example.com
HAVE AN EVENT IN CENTRAL MANITOULIN?! Send your event announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Community Events:
Please check back frequently for event information or view the organizers websites or social media for COVID-19 updates in 2022.
- Blue Grass in the Country Festival – 2nd weekend of June, Providence Bay Fairground http://www.bluegrassinthecountry.net/
- Manitoulin Art Tour - 3rd Weekend in July https://www.manitoulinart.com/
- Manitoulin Passage Ride – 1st weekend of June, starting at South Baymouth Ferry Terminal Check www.manitoulincycling.com
- Mindemoya Youth Softball Tournament - 2022 Announcement June 24 to 26, 2022
- Pearson Cup Softball Tournament – Father’s Day Weekend, Mindemoya
- Lion's Club Homecoming Weekend & Manitoulin Ribfest – July 1st Canada Day Weekend, Mindemoya
- Canada Day Festivities – July 1st, Harbour Centre – Providence Bay
- Annual Fish Fry – 2nd Wednesday in July, Big Lake Schoolhouse
- Providence Bay Annual Pork Barbecue – 2nd Saturday in July, Providence Bay Arena
- Ride Manitoulin Motorcycle Rally – 3rd Weekend in July, Providence Bay Fairgrounds
- Hillbilly Steak Supper – 2nd Wednesday in August, Big Lake Schoolhouse
- Providence Bay Fall Fair – 3rd Weekend in August, Providence Bay Fairgrounds www.providencebayfair.com
- Annual Pancake Breakfast – Sunday of the Providence Bay Fair Weekend, Providence Bay Hall
- Providence Bay Annual Fowl Supper – Mid-November, Providence Bay Hall
Teams gather annually over Father’s Day Weekend for the Pearson Cup Softball Tournament. The tournament hosts two divisions – the Sportsman or the 35ers – at the Old School House Park and Ball Fields.
Bluegrass in the Country
Bluegrass in the Country is a music festival held the second weekend of June at the fairgrounds in Providence Bay. For more information, please visit www.bluegrassinthecountry.com
Manitoulin Passage Ride
Please visit www.manitoulincycling.com for more information on this annual cycle through Manitoulin Island during the first weekend of June.
Six All Inclusive Cycle Tour Adventures
Come and see for yourself why Manitoulin is one of the best loved cycle destinations in Ontario and nationwide. Your ever present tour guide tells you the stories letting you emerge deeply into the fascinating marine, geological and agricultural history.
Homecoming Weekend & Manitoulin Ribfest - Canada Day Weekend
The Central Manitoulin Lion’s Club Annual Homecoming Weekend is held during the Canada Day Weekend. It features a parade, classic car show, kids games, food, entertainment, a ball tournament, fireworks and more. In 2022 Manitoulin Ribfest and Homecoming Weekend were held at the same time as one large overlapping festival at the Mindemoya Ball Fields.
Muncipal Canada Day Celebrations
Canada Day celebrations are held at the Harbour Centre at Providence Bay Beach. Festivities include children’s games, music, cake and fireworks.
Ride Manitoulin is an annual Motorcycle Rally held the third weekend of July at the Providence Bay Fairgrounds. Celebrate our diversity and unique nature as you ride your motorcycle over the many roadways of Manitoulin Island. All classes of motorcycles and riders are welcome. Vendors, entertainment, biker games, rides and a Poker Run are held over the weekend. For more information please visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/21436406057/.
Providence Bay Fall Fair
The Providence Bay Fall Fair is held the third full weekend in August and is one of Manitoulin Island’s most popular events. Since 1884, this country fair has attracted thousands of visitors and is hosted by the Providence Bay Agricultural Society. Events include a midway, vendors, entertainment, Ambassador Pageant, Parade, and more. The Exhibition Hall holds exhibits on craftwork, baking, fruits and vegetables, floral arrangements, quilting displays, photography and more. For more information please visit www.providencebayfair.com.